OFFER A DOG A HOME
Offering a Labrador a Home
If you are thinking of offering one of our Labradors a home, please contact the Area Co-ordinator listed for your county. Click here to see details of areas covered and the Area Co-ordinator to contact.
They will take some basic details and arrange to send you an application form. When this is completed and returned, they will arrange for you to be visited by your local Helper for a chat. Your Helper will answer all your questions and ask you some too.
We rescue Labradors of all ages but young puppies are very seldom available. You should bear in mind that quite a few of the younger dogs that we rescue will be in need of some training – and a few of the older ones as well!
Please consider giving an older dog a well deserved home.
Sometimes pairs of dogs come into rescue that we would like to rehome together. Pairs can consist of two Labradors but, occasionally, they might be a Labrador with a non-Labrador companion dog. If you would be interested in taking on two dogs, it would be very helpful if you could let your Helper know when they visit you.
We do not operate a waiting list system; we match dogs to homes and homes to dogs. We want the dog and the family to be happy together for the rest of the dog’s life.
We will always support you with help and advice after re-homing, for the rest of the dog’s life, should you have any questions or problems.
Once you have been approved as a suitable new home, you will be contacted as soon as we have a suitable dog. Please bear in mind that this can be just a matter of days or, in some cases where you have requested a Labrador of a specific sex, colour or age, it can take much longer. The more flexible you are about the dog, the easier it will be to match the correct dog to you and your home. Please be guided by the advice given to you by our experienced Helper.
See also Labradors Seeking New Homes.
- April 27, 2018 9:30 amTavistock PR Day
- April 27, 2018 10:30 amCoffee Morning & Plant Sale
- April 28, 2018 10:30 amLabrador In Need Week Walk
- April 29, 2018 11:00 amLabrador In Need Week Walk
- April 29, 2018 2:00 pmPork Hill, Dartmoor - Walk
- May 5, 2018Whippets Tea Party - Port Elliot
- May 5, 2018Saltash May Fair collection
- May 12, 2018Doggy Day Out at Mount Edgecombe
- May 19, 2018Mole Valley Farmers, Liskeard - Stand
- June 3, 2018 11:30 amTLRT Family Fun Dog Show
- June 24, 2018Duchy College Open Day
- July 1, 2018Doggy Day Out
see more events here